In a burst of post-class productivity I sat down and wrote the analysis for the social media section of the project! Now onto exploring the suggestion made during class about some alternate voices who might be against the movement and would add context to our site. This next part is going to be fun because I feel like I am finally going down a road I haven’t gone before!
I submitted a progress report about two days ago, but it isn’t showing up… so if anyone can tell me where a progress report might be hidden, that would be good!
I am just going to combine the last report and this one together. Before the weekend, we finally made all of our pages desktop sized which is great because it makes the text more aesthetically appealing, and makes all the slideshows and storymaps bigger and easier to read. I specifically worked on adding analysis to the History section of our website. This part was very rewarding paired with Rachel’s work adding the politician interview analysis because it allows us to weave common threads throughout our project.
I am currently working on adding analysis to the social media parts of the website. Right now, I am trying to see what would be more logical and appealing, adding small sections of analysis throughout the many social media tabs we have, or creating one big block of analysis? The latter might be easier in terms of information consolidation so people don’t have to search for analysis. However, it is a big block of text… which might not be ideal.
This has been a very productive week for Rachel and myself. I personally worked on editing the slideshows, to make them more informative and have them blend more smoothly with the webpage. I did this for both the website homepage and the pages under Social Media groups. This was specifically helpful because it helped balance out our first draft in order to make it as visually pleasing as possible. Along with the info on New Amsterdam, and the various social media groups, I was also able to do some housekeeping on our sections regarding the “About the Course” Section and ensuring that every header tab had text on it.
I feel that overall, we have a good first draft that has all the information we need on it, but we will need to delve further into the analysis parts over the next month.