Photographs of McDonald County Tourism

The famous bluffs on along U.S. 71, par of the “Prize Drive,” 1941. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

The Elk River Bridge on U.S. 71 leading in Noel, circa 1924. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

A poster advertising Anderson and the Noel-Elk River Playground as “The Land of a Million Smiles.” Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

A stamped postcard advertising U.S. 71 and the “Prize Drive” through the Noel-Elk River Playground. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

People gathering at Shadow Lake in Noel, circa 1960. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

A postcard showing the area around Noel, specifically the location of Bluff Dweller’s Cave. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

The Starlight Motel in Noel, circa 1955. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

Brookside Motor Court, Noel, circa 1940. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

A postcard advertising McMillens Cabins in Noel, circa 1955. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

Ginger Blue, a major resort near Noel, in 1923. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

A post card depicting the swimming hole at Ginger Blue Resort, circa 1955. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

An advertisement for Ginger Blue Resort sometime after the U.S. 71 highway change. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

Winners at the 1960 Noel Christmas Parade. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

The Noel post office decorated for the holidays, 1960. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

A 1955 Christmas-themed postcard displaying scenic views around Noel. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

A famous Noel Christmas stamp, 2012. The tradition continues today. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

Another Noel Christmas stamp, 2012. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

The Noel train station, circa 1940. Courtesy of the McDonald County Historical Society.

 

Comments are closed